Life.Love.God.Christ.Family.Temple.Friends.Happiness.Joy.Reading.Writing.Language.Memories.Shoes.Clothes.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Basics 13 - 18 of Deb's 26 Basics of Dating

A while back I told someone I really look up to that a boy just broke things off with me. Tears were beginning to swell in my eyes and they rationally replied, “Good! He did you a favor.” With anger brimming at the thought of this person’s lack of consideration for my pain I gave a halfhearted smile and turned to his wife to finish the rest of the story. She was much more consoling… Which at the moment was what my heart needed. But in the weeks that followed I realized the value in what was initially said to me, “Good! He did you a favor.” It was definitely not what I wanted to hear. In those initial moments of this “break-up” I thought I would have done anything to be with that person, but now I realize that no one wants to convince someone to date them—that’s a decision everyone gets to make for themselves. And if someone decides you weren't what they wanted, in the end, they never could have been enough for you either. Maybe they just figured it out first.


Basics 13 – 18 of “Deb’s 26 Basics of Dating” speak to the hopeless romantics of the world, reminding us that Men are from Mars and sometimes He’s just not that into you, and the truth is that’s OK! It usually doesn't seem like it in the moment of heartache, but it is. TIME heals the wounds. So enjoy these next 6 basics that turn a hopeless romantic into a hopeful romantic in the search for that someone who will love your best qualities and quirks as much as you love theirs!       

Basics 13 - 18


13. Remember women fall in love and get married…

14. Men decide to get married and then look for a wife. If a guy says he is not interested in anything serious, believe him—take his words seriously.

15. Is he pursuing you? You do not need to strategically place yourself anywhere. God has transported men and women across the world in order to put them together.

16. If a man is passive about gaining your affections, take it as a sign that he is not interested. You should be recognized as the “pearl of great price” in his life.

17. A man who prepares for your future has made his intentions clear. He has the means to take care of a wife.

18. Does he embrace responsibility?

To catch up on basics 1 – 6 & 7 – 12 of “Deb’s 26 Basics of Dating" click on the numbers J


Until the next 6…

No comments: